Copyright 2019 © All rights Reserved to AL-WASIL LANGUAGE INSTITUTE
About the Institute
The Institute seeks to Excel in the field of teaching to speakers of other languages
Arabic is one of the world’s most important languages and has been rated as one of the four most commonly spoken. It is the official language of 350 million people who enjoy a wide diversity of religious, economic, political and cultural backgrounds and perspectives. It is also one of the official languages of the United Nations. Arabic’s one billion Muslim speakers also recognise the significance of its traditional religious heritage.
The last two decades has seen an increasing demand from speakers of other languages to learn Arabic for a variety of reasons, including enhancing awareness of Arab culture and its rich heritage, or for purposes where the language is used in political, economic or other professional arenas.
The Sultanate of Oman is able to attract potential students of Arabic due to its reputation as a politically stable and secure country. It is an ideal place in which to establish an institute to teach to non-native speakers and meet their needs in the language’s own environment.
Al Wasil Language Institute aims to become a distinguished national and a regional center for the instruction of Arabic. Teaching will focus on four main skills — listening, speaking, reading and writing — as well as on grammar and orthography. The institute will also contribute to the teaching of Arabic to academic, diplomatic, military, medical and media specialists, among others, who reside in the Sultanate or in other countries.
Arabic for Non-Native Speakers in Oman
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma. (University graduates are preferred).
- Must be between 18 and 40 years of age.
- I was not granted a scholarship to study in the Arabic for Non-Native Speakers in Oman previously.
- Must have at least basic knowledge of the Arabic language (Modern Standard Arabic). Good command of the alphabet is essential.
- Applicants to the Institute should be able to communicate either in English. For the reason that, they need to communicate with the administration of the (ALI) community.
The scholarship includes
- Student visa and residence permit.
- Tuition fees and textbooks.
- Round-trip air ticket.
- Accommodation at the (ALI) dorms which includes 3 meals every day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), laundry, wireless Internet service, library, computer lab, transportation to and from the Campus and etc.