Arabic for Diplomats
Do you want to acquire the skills needed to facilitate the discussion of diplomatic issues in Arabic?
Do you need to become familiar with concepts and key words used in modern diplomatic media discourse?
Are you interested in learning more about the methods of diplomatic media discourse in Oman?
In this unique program specialist experts tackle the basic issues of Arabic for non-Arabic speaking diplomats or foreign media reporters .
The program focuses on issues such as intercultural values in facing civilisation conflicts and balanced Omani political discourse that frequently results in:
• the convergence of perspectives between nations and governments;
• peaceful dialogue as a strategic goal for the international community
• recognition of the ‘other’
• tolerance and cooperation as fundamental conditions for co-existence and mutual respect
• the impact of the discourse of tolerance on the elimination of sectarian, regional and ethnic conflicts
• the impact of discourse concerning industry and trade exchanges on the prosperity of modern societies
• the impact of balanced Omani media discourse in spreading the concepts of world peace and justice
The main aim of the program is to guide students towards professional Arabic diplomacy in the Arab media.